Redarc Electronics has more than 30 years experience in the research, design, development and manufacture of a range of electronic battery management systems, voltage converters and associated products. Essentially, Redarc products are attached to any moving vehicle that uses battery power (cars, 4WDs, motor homes, boats, rail, trucks, mining equipment, bus and emergency vehicles). In 2007, Redarc implemented a major process improvement project with the construction of a new innovation centre. Installing the latest state-of-the-art technology coupled with the implementation of a new lean manufacturing provided Redarc with the capacity to develop new export markets which represents a key growth strategy of the company. Redarc engaged the services of Exportia to conduct an in-depth market research in Europe to identify the countries with the highest potential for a new range of Redarc products and to subsequently develop Redarc’s presence in Europe and generate sales in the validated markets.
- MD time constraint due to high growth of the business
- Limited previous exposure to export
- Shortage in human resources ability to drive international business growth
- Redarc is a leader in Australia, but not a known brand in the competitive European leisure vehicle market
- Ensuring superior customer service and technical assistance Redarc is renowned for in Australia
How did Exportia help?
Exportia conducted a market study of Europe, studying the competitive landscape, screening for norm requirements and identifying the countries with the best potential as well as the most suitable distributors. Following this study it was agreed to focus on the French market, providing large potential and less competition than Germany. Exportia then assisted Redarc with the recruitment of a major distributor in France as well as lead generation among manufacturers. Subsequently, Exportia assumed the role of Export Manager for Redarc, assisting the distributor with the launch of the product range in France by attending trade shows, accompanying visits to clients and developing sales tools for the local sales force, thus fostering a strong relationship. The Export Manager also generated significant leads for Redarc with large accounts.
- Signing of an agreement with the largest distributor of recreational vehicle accessories in France
- Increased export sales and launched Redarc range successfully in France